Quoth the Raven - Themes wanted

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Quoth the Raven - Themes wanted

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

As always, the entry deadline for articles is September 30th. I think we've come to an agreement on theme. We'll announce the call for articles shortly.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I keep forgetting what the deadline is. ^^;
But September 30th is good, it's good. By then, I hope to have my entry finished; the first installment of the Wartorn Cluster(tm) Gazetteer. ;) I hope you'll all enjoy it and give me lots of feedback.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Rock wrote:I keep forgetting what the deadline is. ^^;
Well, just remember that we publish on Halloween, and we need a month to compile everything, and there you go: September 30th. ;)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

OK, theme chosen.... here we go:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10019
Nox
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nox »

maybe something about nature VS technology, and corruption of magic over nature.
Also the corruption in general i think it's a really interesting theme to bring and explore.
With corruption i mean the consequences of toying with souls, dark magic, dark rituals, and in general anything that could actually taint a man's soul.

Another theme that comes to mind could be the Vampirism of a player. Some of you maybe play Vampyre RPG, and i think it would be nice to see some mechanics about vampirism to play a vampiric PC, or a Vampiric party.
Another interesting Theme, maybe more mainstream, is the Good-Evil PC. I mean an Evil PC that actually works for the better good. It's hard to explain. Something like a necromancer that actually use his powers for a greater good. Probably it will be hard to play since he will often find himself haunted by other Good aligned NPC just because he is a necromancer, but i always found it intriguing to find a way to make this kind of character playable and believable.

Edit: I just saw you already chosen the theme :roll: , but maybe some of the suggestion I made above could fit the theme to write an article or something similar.
Hamiclar
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Hamiclar »

How about the fey of raveloft not arakian shadow elves, or gladiator games of Falkovia or the lives of slaves that thrive there. Educating the young or dealing with the unnatural with folkore or the rational.
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tomokaicho »

What system will this be for? 5E? 3.5? System neutral? Or many system?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

tomokaicho wrote:What system will this be for? 5E? 3.5? System neutral? Or many system?
Any system or no system is acceptable. See the call for submissions announcement for further detail:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10019